Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) 2017-06-08T17:34:42+00:00

Commonly asked questions about applying for a Security License and training inquiries.

What’s your refund policy?

Because of limited Course seats, fees are non-refundable and you are allowed to reschedule the course within 30 days

What are the basic requirements for applying for a Class D or Class G License?

• Must be at least 18 years of age.

• Must be a United States citizen or deemed a permanent legal resident alien by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

• Must provide current RESIDENCE address. A P.O. Box is not considered a residence.

Do you have customer service?

Of course! Our friendly and knowledgeable customer services reps are available to answer your questions 24/7/365.

What are the Proof requirements for U.S. Citizenship or Legal Resident Alien Status?

Requirements for U.S. Citizens

  • New applications for Class “G” or “K” licenses must be accompanied by a copy of a birth certificate, passport, or other official document verifying citizenship by birth or naturalization.

Requirements for Non U.S. Citizens

  • New applications for Class “G” or “K” licenses must be accompanied by a legible copy of the front and back of the applicant’s valid permanent resident alien card issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Form I-551.

 What are Some Possible Reasons for Ineligibility:

  • The physical inability to handle a firearm safely.
  • A felony conviction (unless civil and firearm rights have been restored by the convicting authority).
  • Having adjudication withheld or sentence suspended on a felony or misdemeanor crime of violence unless three years have elapsed since probation or other conditions set by the court have been fulfilled.
  • A conviction for a misdemeanor crime of violence in the last three years.
  • A conviction for violation of controlled substance laws or multiple arrests for such offenses.
  • A record of drug or alcohol abuse.
  • Two or more DUI convictions within the previous three years.
  • Being committed to a mental institution or adjudged incompetent or mentally defective.
  • Failing to provide proof of proficiency with a firearm.
  • Having been issued a domestic violence injunction or an injunction against repeat violence that is currently in force.
  • Renouncement of U.S. citizenship.
  • A dishonorable discharge from the armed forces.
  • Being a fugitive from justice.

 What if I previously  had a Statewide Firearms “G” License in the past?

  • If your G license has been expires for more that  90 days, you must re-apply for a new License.
  • If you received firearms training within the preceding 12 months and and you have Form DACS-16005 from a              K License Instructor, you can re-apply for the Statewide Firearms “G” License without re-taking the course.

Can I work in Armed in Florida with out a Statewide Firearms “G” License?

It is illegal to WORK ARMED in the State of Florida with a:

  • Concealed Weapons License
  • HR.218

“Must have a valid Statewide Firearms “G” License to work armed in Florida.”


Call Now Button